Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Day in the Life of.....

Just so you don't think all we do is fun and games......I thought I would take you through a typical "work day" in the Botanical Garden.....5:45 AM the alarm clock goes off. Actually I have not had to use one yet as my internal alarm clock has worked just fine. I am quite sure that most of you are astonished by that bit of information but apparently even I am capable of such feats! I usually am one of the first ones to arise....Ella though is usually already up when I stroll down to the intern house. Time for breakfast, which if you know me, was usually a breafast burrito and chips with a diet rockstar to wash it down. But not in Statia! I've had to settle for a bagel & cream cheese with a diet pepsi. I haven't even been able to locate any diet dew!!! But I've survived.....work then begins at 7:00 am. With the day's schedule from Claire we set off to work. There is so much to maintain that sometimes I think everyone seems a little overwhelmed. But we have a great bunch of workers here and do our best. A lot of my time is spent weed whipping. Between that and weeding a typical Garden morning seems to fly by. We have a short break around 9:30 and then the rest of the morning is spent doing personal projects. The girls have taken over the vegetable garden and have spent a lot of time there. Myself.....well I usually just continue to weed whip! That or wherever else I may be needed. And then it's noon and our work day is over! So there you have it.....a typical work day in the Botanical Garden. Until next time America.....

P.S. Statia Days is finally over! It concluded last night with some more music and a fireworks display. I was able to meet up with Elvis again on Monday night. Was surprised to learn he works in the funeral business as a mortician! Just when you think you've heard it all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment