The Statia Conservation Project is a volunteer opportunity offered by WorkingAbroad on behalf of STENAPA....The St. Eustatius National Parks Foundation. More information on St. Eustatius, the program, and the park can be found at statiapark.org, workingabroad.com, and statiatourism.com
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
2 months down....and not quite done yet!
Yes America....you read that correct. For all those anticipating my return today (and I'm sure there are quite a few of you), you are all going to have to postpone that anticipation for a couple more months. Due to the incessant pleading of the STENAPA crew and quite frankly most everyone here, I have given in and decided to remain on the island of St. Eustatius until March 5th. Ok....I might have embellished the incessant pleading part, but nonetheless, my time here is not quite over. I'm sure this comes as devastating news to most of you and I have, quite probably, ruined everyone's Christmas and New Years. But....keep it together and just remember.....it's only a couple more months. And if you're still having difficulties with this, anyone is welcome to come visit!!!!! Really, just hop on a plane and come on down! Having also contributed to this decision was the outstanding weather reports I have been receiving from good ol' Minnesota. I mean really....the Metrodome collapsed?? That's reason enough to stay through winter! I'll have to say though, Christmas just won't be the same. Who's going to eat my share of lutefisk?! And I really will miss showcasing my dancing prowress at George's wedding. And I'm sure those in attendance will miss it too. But having thought it all over....once the holidays are through I'd be left with below zero temperatures and possibly way too much snow. I'm sure Baune will miss my shoveling skills but I'm quite convinced he'll do just fine without me! So......that being said, I will miss you all over the holidays and look forward to seeing everyone in March 2011! Maybe Fatty will even don his leprecaun outfit for St. Patty's Day! Until next time America....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment