Thursday, January 6, 2011

Goodbye 2010!

Greetings from the year 2011! I hope everyone had a wonderful 2010 and a great New Years weekend. Things here have returned to "normal" following the holiday season. We were all back to work on Monday. Ella and I had a few days off over the past couple weeks due to our extended volunteer stint. I used them mainly to hike, head to the beach, and just relax. We all had a nice New Years weekend and welcomed back Jean on New Years Eve from her trip home to Maine for Christmas. We had Mexican night Friday and all feasted on tacos, burritos, and nachos. A welcome change to the usual peanut butter & jelly, ramen, and tuna! Jean, Kyle and I then ventured out on the town for the Statia New Years festivities. We headed to The Fruit Tree for some good ol' fashioned 80's music. The Dutch owners there also treated us to some Dutch appetizers. Very good! We met up with a bunch of STENAPA people there also. I then had the fortune of heading to Club 318.....Statia's version of a "dance club". I know what you're all thinking.....right up my alley! Well, needless to say I was the one sitting in the corner while the rest of STENAPA danced the night away. It was quite entertaining watching everyone interact. Saturday found us all relaxing at the beach. It was a beautiful day and we all wanted to take advantage of it. Sunday I decided I should find a place to watch the final weekend of the NFL. Largo Heights, one of the local chinese restaurants, had a tv and I made my way there for some afternoon football. And guess what I got.....the Jets vs. Bills. I should've knew it too as the cable tv affiliate here on the island is from New York. Oh well, it was fun to watch some football anyways. I still can't believe the Vikings couldn't find a way to make the playoffs at least. Next year I guess. But, I must be leaving now as I have a date with the beach. Take care ya all and until next time America.....

No comments:

Post a Comment