Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Murph has Landed part 2

Looks like we are heading to the beach in a couple hours. So I have a bit more time. Currently we are at the STENAPA office and are getting the lowdown on the whole program. This morning we were given a walking tour of the botanical garden, which is where the intern house is and where we will be camping. Amazing garden full of the most exotic and crazy flora I've ever seen. Part of our volunteering will be the upkeep of this garden. It's looking like the weed whipper and I will become best of friends! Clair is the botanical garden guru and knows more about the local flora here than I do fantasy football.....and that's a lot! After a few hours at the beach we will be checking out the local shops and then heading back up to camp. Tomorrow Joe will be taking us on a hike up the Quill. We are actually staying right at the base of the Quill. And once I get some pictures taken and put up here and on Facebook you will see. We also have an amazing view of St. Kitts from our "home". Well.....must be on my way. Just wanted to let everyone know the trip down was a success....minus the 85 year old crazy lady I sat next to on the trip from Chicago to Charlotte. She talked almost the whole way and wants me to come visit her in Canada when I get a chance. I said "sure thing Helen!" She actually was quite the lady and made the flight all that much more enjoyable! Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you made it safe and sound. I was a bit concerned after watching that youtube link you had posted! Wow! Can't wait to see pictures and hear about your amazing weed whipping and bush trimming:) Take care!

    ReplyDelete