Well folks....it's almost Tuesday again which will mean I have made it a week! And it flew right by! Last Tuesday we were introduced to the botanical garden as I had mentioned and Wednesday came the hike up the Quill.....and what a hike it was! I'm not sure if you all are familiar with the current physical condition Murph is in, but walking around the town of Becker and occasionally playing catcher for men's slow pitch softball doesn't exactly prepare one for a hike up a mountain. But I tell you what.....it was definitely worth it! The trail we took was called Panorama Trail. Which was aptly named as it provided us with a view of the entire island as well as a few neighboring islands and miles and miles of endless sea. I took pictures and a short video but as with most experiences here, it will be hard to capture that one! Thursday came and found us pulling Coralita at the garden. Coralita is an invasive plant found on the island which pretty much is the most annoying living thing I've ever experienced. Even worse than you Fatty...haha...IALTO (for all you Common Man listeners!) Friday, we helped Jean, the Marine Park intern, celebrate her birthday. We all ( that would be the 6 of us) went out for supper at the Fruit Tree.....a neat little bar/restaurant on the island. Saturday Jean and I took another hike up the Quill, went for a swim, had an ice cold Heineken at Gallow's Bay on the beach and then headed back home. Speaking of swimming.....this usually is a daily occurrence for us 3 volunteers as we are done working each day at noon and usually head straight to the pier! Sunday found us at Clair's house for a barbecue. It was her husband's birthday and she invited all STENAPA people over. Her husband made the best fresh lobster.....that and the rum cake for dessert could have been 2 of the best foods I've had in a very long time! Well.....the girls are back from shopping and we're heading back to camp! Oh by the way.....what the hell happened last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? Until next time America......
P.S. Still working on pictures....be patient as it's not as easy to get them up on the computer as I thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment