Saturday, October 16, 2010

Statia bound!

Hello everyone! Blog entry #1! After the suggestion from many I decided to use Google blogger as the prime means of communication with all of you back in the States. Bear with me as technology and myself are not necessarily the best of friends! It is currently Saturday evening....one day from departure. I fly out of Minneapolis tomorrow night around 6 pm en route to Chicago where I will stay overnight. I then depart from the Windy City at 6 am....yes, 6 am! It's a very good thing I am such a morning person. Next stop...Charlotte, NC. I then have approximately 35 minutes to hop aboard US Airways flight 1560 to the island of St. Maarten. If all goes well and we successfully land in St. Maarten, I will then have around 4 hours to make my presence known on this tropical paradise! If you would like to see what I mean by "if all goes well", please check out this you tube video http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzAfQwDizpRo&h=1179a. It is in St. Maarten where I will meet up with the other two volunteers of the program, Ella Taylor and Heather Morecroft.....both from the U.K. From here the fun just keeps coming in the form of a little puddle jumper that apparently is our means of transportation to Statia. By the way, St. Eustatius is more commonly called Statia. Marathon Monday concludes with a hopefully successful landing at Roosevelt Airport in Oranjestad, St. Eustatius around 6:30 pm eastern time. Yes....Statia is on eastern standard time. More project info and other fascinating tidbits to follow! Please pass along this blog address to all those who may be interested. www.randystotesbery.blogspot.com. Thanks and until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Have fun!!!! Take care and am hoping Baune can survive wihout you!!! Maybe Maybe Matty can snuggle with him while you are gone.... am sure Jesse won't mind!! Can't wait to hear more about your great adventure!!!
    Merwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does it say my daughter's name???? Am confused, will have to figure it out!! Anyways.... have fun and enjoy the sun!!!

    ReplyDelete